Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Second to Last Weekend.

So, last week I hung out with the guys from my Arabic class quite a bit before they all left one by one back to the U.S. (Or in the case of Brian, to the Beqaa Valley). Then on Saturday I went to a dinner party at Dr. Sensenig's house in the mountains. It was a rescheduled 4th of July party actually, so you know. Anyways, I took a cab up with a professor from NDU who, obviously, was going too. Their house is really nice and there was so much good food. I became quite stuffed. Afterwards, we got a ride back to Beirut from another party guest and then got a cab to the University.
Sunday I just relaxed.
This week I've been working on the report, trying to get as much done before I go home. Now I'm making nice charts and graphs for it. I also wrote up a report for Guita about all of the things I've been doing for the last two months. I have to write something for SU too, but my "internship adviser" has yet to email me back, and I mean all summer. Bupkis, so we will see.
This afternoon I walked down the hill with the intention of taking some pictures, which I did. I also ended up at the beach. Wandered on to it is a more apt description. Anyways, I wasn't really dressed for it, but I took off my shoes and socks and put my feet in, so that was nice.
Tomorrow we are having a going away lunch, for me. So, that should be fun.
I might try and go to the Cedar reserve on Friday or Saturday, but I'm not sure yet. Otherwise, I'm packing up and on Saturday at 4:00 in the morning (or Saturday night at 4:00, depends on who you ask), I'm headed to the Beirut Airport where I will fly to Milan, and from Milan to NYC and then I take a bus to Rachacha. I'm going to put up some more pictures on Picasa and also some on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment