Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Past Week Or So.

Before the short interlude about Arabic, I left off with last weekend. Zibby was suppose to leave Lebanon last Sunday, but unfortunately (for her) her flight was canceled due to an air traffic controllers strike in Greece and fortunately (for me) she stayed one more day. So we hung out and ate take out courtesy of her traveler's insurance. She left Monday and Tuesday I hung out and had dinner with the guys from my Arabic class. (We hadn't hung out since Zibby got here). Then Wednesday I met up with my friend Valeria, from Italy, whom I met in Morocco. We met in Beirut and walked around Hamra and to the Corniche and then we ate dinner at one of the restaurants near the water. So that was nice to catch up and what not. On my way home I got the bus to the highway interchange where I catch a taxi up to the University. So I waited for a few minutes and not a whole lot of taxis came by. Then I guy stopped and I told him NDU so I got in and we started up the hill. He was from Australia and was here visiting for the summer. He was Lebanese Australian, named Edward. Well anyways, we got to the university and I went to give him the money and he said "No". And I realized, he wasn't a taxi driver. Ha. So I said, "You're not a taxi driver are you?" And he said, "No." So he was just a nice guy on vacation who decided to give me a ride. Yes, I know, you aren't suppose to get in cars with strangers, but honestly I did think he was a taxi driver when I got in. Anyways, that was funny. I've now "hitch-hiked" I guess, several times. The first time was when the soldiers in the oldest car ever I think, I may have been a model T (no, really just an old Renault) brought Zibby and I back from the mountain to our hotel.
So that takes us up to last Wednesday, and I know, you are waiting with baited breath, but I'll write more soon.

PS. Here is the latest article I wrote: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100803/LOCAL17/7290362/1007/SPORTS/Reader-expresses-concerns-about-the-War-in-Iraq

Check it out.

Jake.

1 comment:

  1. I think Zibby's travel style is rubbing off on you. I feel like Hitch-Hiking is a common occurrence in her travels. I dig it though.

    ReplyDelete